For gorgeously radiant skin, there’s no ingredient we turn to quite as often as Vitamin C. Unfortunately, some Vitamin C serums can be harsh on the skin, and some may even react with sunlight to cause damage. Ouch!
When we created our Botanical C Facial Serum, we knew we wanted something truly one of a kind that would be effective but also gentle, so we set out to do something a little different.
Botanical C Facial Serum Ingredients
Moisturizing rather than exfoliating, our plant-powered formula uses two potent sources of Vitamin C: Vitamin C ester* — a moisturizing and stable form of Vitamin C to boost radiance — and a C Complex of rosehip, baobab, acerola, and seabuckthorn.
Green tea and Vitamin E naturally boost the effectiveness of Vitamin C, and a clinically proven botanical extract of hops works to increase luminosity and nourish skin for a more radiant, even-toned appearance.
With a carefully selected blend of antioxidants, Botanical C Facial Serum helps to neutralize environmental stressors and help improve the look of the visibly damaging effects of free radicals over time. We opted for an oil-based serum because we love how they help skin retain moisture, leaving skin better conditioned and smooth in addition to delivering powerfully transformative effects.
And, most importantly, Botanical C Facial Serum is dermatologist tested for use on sensitive skin and is non-phototoxic, so you can apply it in the morning or at night without any fear it will react negatively with sunlight.
We adore the smooth and luminous skin Botanical C Facial Serum brings — and the peace of mind we get from knowing it’s sensitive skin-friendly and able to be used at any time of day. With its uniquely moisturizing formula, skin is hydrated, radiant and with an improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s no wonder it gets us glowing!
Step 1: Start with clean, damp skin (serums love wet skin – a light misting of our Botanical D Moisture Mist will offer additional skin benefits). Then, apply a very small pump of serum onto your fingertips, rub your fingertips together lightly, and gently press the oil onto your cheeks, forehead, and chin.
Step 2: Blend the serum on your skin with gentle, upward strokes to evenly distribute it. If you feel you need more moisturizer, you can apply Skin Dew Coconut Water Cream or Skin Savior Balm to help lock your serum in place.
All About Botanical C Serum
- 30 mL | 1 fl oz
- Category: Facial Care
- Benefit: Balance
- Action: Tone
- Designed with LOVE for: all skin types but especially beneficial for dry skin, dull skin, and fine lines.
- How to Use: Dispense a small amount of serum. Apply to clean, damp face and neck.
- Works well with: Botanical D Moisture Mist, which prepares and moisturizes the skin to be nourished with the Botanical C Facial Serum, which holds that extra water on the skin and helps the skin to rebalance itself faster.
- Other Uses: Boosts radiance, hydrates, and helps to neutralize environmental stressors along with the visibly damaging effects of free radicals over time.
- Scent: A delicate, light aroma of fresh herbs and rose from the conditioning rose extract
- Texture: An opulent, antioxidant-rich serum in a silky, plant-derived oil base that leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth and luxuriously dewy
- Ingredient Spotlight:
- Botanical C ESTER: a potent and stable form of Botanical C to boost radiance.
- PLANT-POWERED C COMPLEX: rosehip, baobab, acerola + seabuckthorn deliver plant-based C.
- EXTRACT OF HOPS: a botanical active to encourage a more radiant complexion.
*Q: How does the percentage of Vitamin C is used in Botanical C Facial Serum compare to other C serums on the market?
A: We use Botanical C ester, also known as ascorbyl palmitate, in our Botanical C Facial Serum, because it is a more potent source of Botanical C, is less irritating to the skin and is more moisturizing and nourishing than L-ascorbic acid, which is more commonly used in skincare products. It is also more stable in topical solutions, giving it a longer shelf-life. (And it has been tested non-phototoxic, which means it’s safe to wear during the day – something you don’t often find with C serums!)
Botanical C ester is less popular in skincare products because it is much more expensive (168% more expensive, in fact) than L-ascorbic acid. In addition to Botanical C ester, our Botanical C Serum is full of plant-based ingredients naturally rich in Botanical C: organic rosehip oil, baobab fruit oil, organic sea buckthorn, and organic acerola. Organic green tea and Botanical E boost the natural potency of Botanical C for a synergistic and powerful duo against free radicals and other environmental stressors. For all of these reasons, the Botanical C ester in our Botanical C Facial Serum is effective at much lower percentages than typical L-ascorbic acid-based serums on the market.