Oh, the messages our eyes can convey! A twinkle, a wink, a tear. It’s no wonder people say the eyes are the window to the soul. Unfortunately, they’re also one of the areas where signs of aging first appear — which may not be something we’re quite ready to broadcast. It’s possible to keep our eyes looking youthful and bright, but it means we need to look at why they are so prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
Why Do I Have Fine Line and Wrinkles Around My Eyes?
The thin, delicate skin around our eyes is particularly vulnerable to the elements, which can show in the form of wrinkles and creping. It also has much fewer oil glands than the rest of our skin, which means it needs lots of moisture — more so than the rest of the face — and plenty of love and extra care.
Fortunately, our Botanical E Eye Balm is formulated to provide just that!
Botanical E Eye Balm is an intensely rich, waterless eye balm, designed to help smooth and plump the eye area while providing continuous hydration. Enriched with powerful ingredients such as sea kelp; a Radiance Complex featuring eyebright, gotu kola (also known as centella asiatica) and rooibos tea; and a Moisture Complex of pomegranate, shea butter and Botanical E, it helps to nourish our delicate eye area and restore a more youthful and revitalized appearance.
Together, these ingredients work to smooth, soften and reduce the appearance of fine lines, while the nutrient-rich butters and plant oils deliver hydration and help lock in moisture, enveloping the entire eye area in a soft, cushiony cocoon that gradually absorbs into the skin.
Love multitasking? Botanical E Eye Balm can also be applied to the lips for an extra dose of protection when you’re feeling dry and chapped. And it’s a special treat when masquing — just apply a bit before you put on your masque to maintain your skins’ moisture, especially if you are doing a clay or charcoal masque which may be too drying for the lip and eye area.
To use, simply warm a small pea-sized dab between your ring fingers, then gently tap it around the orbital bone so you’re hitting the area where the crow’s feet are but you’re not getting too close to the eye.
Never put any cream or balm on your eyelids, the bottom of eyelashes or too close to the eyes – just stick to circling the orbital bone. Finally, don’t use too much. Botanical E Eye Balm is designed to be much thicker and more emollient than regular moisturizers, so a little goes a long way!
It’s as simple as that! One gentle step twice a day can keep your eyes on message, so you can focus on sharing twinkles, not wrinkles.
Botanical E Eye Balm Features
- 18 g | .65 oz
- Category: Eye Care
- Benefit: Hydrate
- Action: Moisturizes
- Designed with LOVE for: all skin types, but especially beneficial for dry and mature skin and fine lines.
- How to Use: Warm a bit of balm between your ring fingers (about half the size of a grain of rice), then gently tap around the eye area. For best results, apply to clean, damp skin.
- Works well with: Any serums, oils, or moisturizers in your usual routine, like Botanical C Facial Serum, Botanical E Youth Preservation Serum, Skin Savior, and Skin Dew.
- Other Uses: Hydrates and protects delicate eye and lip areas from drying and from the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Scent: A fresh, delicate herbal scent with hints of tea, and an undercurrent of warm shea butter
- Texture: A rich, waterless cream that melts from a solid in the jar to become a smooth, masque-like balm with the warmth of your fingers.
- Ingredient Spotlight:
- Radiance Complex: eyebright, gotu kola, and rooibos tea to tone and refresh.
- Sea Kelp: protein-rich sea kelp to help firm the appearance of skin.
- Moisture Complex: pomegranate, shea butter, and Botanical E to deeply moisturize.