We’re already feeling the effects of the holiday season, and it’s only December 4th. Who can afford to sleep, anyway? The truth is you can’t afford not to. A good night’ s sleep gives you the energy to go about your day productively, affecting your mood, energy, and ability to handle stress. While a short period of insomnia is nothing to worry about, habitually depriving yourself of sleep can lead to more than yawning at your morning meeting or falling asleep during your Christmas dinner.
OLO tips to become a Sleeping Beauty:
- Choose a low sugar, low glycemic diet.
- Keep your room a cool 67-69 degrees.
- Use a sleep mask to block out any light and help your body produce melatonin, a hormone that helps you sleep.
- Use a fan or white noise machine to block out any offensive noises and help soothe you to sleep.
- Enjoy a warm magnesium drink like Natural Calm.
- Use your bed for two things only: sleep and sex! When you go to bed, your body gets a powerful cue: it’s time to sleep (or have a little fun)!
Be a Sleeping Beauty, not the Princess and the Pea, or a Scrooge for that matter.